Monday, November 20, 2006

The vicious cycle

When I was giving my 10th boards there was nothing tougher than that exam. My life deepened on the results of that exam. I remember the sleepless nights I had just feeling scared. The million tears I shed just thinking what if … The day the results were declared was just the best. I was happy with my marks and I thought I had won one of my toughest battles.

The time came for my 12th boards…. the same story… thought it was the toughest set of exams … my life , my career depended on it … another round of sleepless nights and another moment of joy and sense of achievement once the results were declared.

Then came the time when I headed out of home to conquer the world. I was sure I’d make it to the colleges there. This time my dreams were at stake. But, as luck would have it the quota system was introduced that yr and the cut off for out-station students was rather high. I thought that was the toughest time in life. As usual this phase also came and went and I emerged a winner. Made it to Symbiosis and that was one of my greatest achievements.

Yet again the story was repeated when I gave my University exams in the 1st 2nd and 3rd yr of college.

Once that was over the entrance exams took their toll over me.

That finished and the tension of making it to a B-School. Yet again the same rigmarole! … and I finally made it to Welingkar ! Another achievement I thought.

The juncture of life that I stand on now is yet another restless period. It’s placement time and I’m scared, nervous, tensed and wonder where life will take me….

The common feeling I had at each of these times was that if I tide over this time the next would be a cake walk … surprisingly it never was, and it still isn’t.

I guess you can’t run away from the anxiety and the joy and the sense of achievement you experience at the end is a result of all the anxiety and tension. The thing that keeps me going is the fact that I always emerged a winner. I’m hoping that trend continues …

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

abe shandy....chill yaar.....u will get the best placement.....n then u remember na wht u have to give me ......5 bottle of daru hehehe big one tht also.....love u babes.....dnt worry....n chill in life.....:)

Unknown said...

You have to be ready to face similar situations at every juncture of your life. No one is secure here. So dont worry too much.

Anonymous said...

Rajiv & Garry were here.

LAVINA said...

Chinki: what 5 ill get u 500 let me get a placement first re ... love u 2 !

Umesh : with the awesome friends that I have around me Im guessing I really dont need to ...:)

Seema said...

Hey Lavina, dont worry man... I am sure u'll continue ur "flying colors" trend... and u'll get place in b'lore only;-) only then our "plans" wil wrk ya........ n with conflicting prayers god has to wrk overtime to reach a consensus.....

Prema Rajaram...icenspice said...

Hey babe,jus rem life comes with no guarantees.....So the vicious cycle alas will continue,but like ya said,the sense of achievement at the end of it all nullifies the endless anxiety.....And babe,jus rem U've emerged victorious each time,so this time too,nothingz gonna stop U.Drink to that woman!

Vids said...

hey girl.. u won again.. way to go.. so happy fr u

Souparna said...

congratulations.... :)

your cake... and for you too eat it too.. just leave a thin slice for me.. ;)

LAVINA said...

souparna : Thank you so much... abt the THIN slice of cake u get here fast before i eat that up too...;)