Sunday, November 19, 2006

Looking London Going Tokyo !!!

I promised Umesh I'd beat him to the blog this weekend ... then I thought I'd be stealing his thunder but then I realised .... "Life's like that" so here goes...

The little that I know about the man I can say that he is a real Indian rather South Indian by 'stomach'. I make it a point to suggest only Indian restaurants when we eat out together. This weekend I met him for lunch on Saturday. I really wanted to try a new place as I was sick of the usual joints. There is this restaurant Casa Picola which I've never been to so we went there only to realise that they only served burgers and pizzas. Knowing his taste and my hunger we walked out and went to the next door very Indian Tandoor Hut. I expected him to order a biryani or some chicken dish but our man said he wanted to have 'American Chopsuey!' ... Chinese in an Indian joint ! Wow I thought ... I tried my best to dissuade him but to no avail. I took the safer bet and called for a Chicken Biryani. When the food came he tasted the chopsuey and sure enough he made a face ! He tasted my biryani and just as i had expected him to he loved it!!

I being the "sweet" person as I am shared my Awesome biryani with him and voulanteered to eat a part of the chopsuey! I like Chinese a lot but in Chinese restaurants !

Moral of the story : When in Rome EAT like the Romans !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.....i give an advice to lavi....next time u call for anything PLEASE MAKE IT A POINT TO CALL FOR 2 DISHES....ONE FOR URSELF N ONE THT NUT UMESH CAN EAT.....otherwise u might jst die of hunger on weekends.....thank god i was saved hehehehehehe

LAVINA said...

Chinki : I have a better idea I shall make sure that I place the order for him and will call for something that I like!!

Unknown said...

Well here you forgot to mention that i had steak and some pasta from your plate for dinner. The food was really good. So that shows that i can handle a bit of continental food too.

Prema Rajaram...icenspice said...

Yo woman,like the good gurl U've always been,U shared ya food with the poor hungry soul.But I'm sure Mr.Umesh will neva forget this one,coz U ain't gonna let him do so with all the leg pulling thatz already happening.Ask me,I wasen't spared for all for my lil blunders.....