Thursday, November 16, 2006

FAIR AND SQUARE

I must start my blogging journey with a confession : I'm not too good when it comes to things like technology ! and that's exactly why I think God sent people like Nikki, Rajiv and Umesh into my life. They've been brilliantly patient and answered my million questions when it comes to laptops, technology and a million other things.

I always knew something called 'blogs' existed and that they were used for advertising and stuff but never bothered really to find out more till our dear Umesh came into my life and sent me a link to his blog. I read it and was throughly impressed I must say and immediately called up Nikki (for those of you who dont know Nikki is a very very close friend of mine and Umesh is his cousin who has just relocated to B'lore) to ask him how blogs 'work'. After that Umesh kept posting new blogs and I kept reading them and slowly started commenting on them . Initially I would tell him what Iwanted to comment, take his approval and then put it on his page. Now I just comment!!! I'm absolutely addicted to his blog now. It's like I check my mail 10 times a day I check to see if he has posted something new or if there are new comments to the existing ones 20 times a day!!!

I almost feel in love with some of his posts my all time favorite being "Am I jinxed??". The more I read the more interested I got. I made everyone I've introduced him to read it. Till I got so inspired that I decided to be a part of the 'blog' world.

So I guess its only fair for me to dedicate my first ever post to UMESH !!!

I would meet Umesh once in a while when I was in Pune. Most of the time we would go clubbing so we never actually had a conversation. I must confess that I didn't make a great effort to strike a conversation or encourage an associaltion with him . He was just my friend's cousin. His claim to fame is that there was this one time when I dint say Hi to him and ignored him when he asked me something. (I won't accept that no matter how many times you enact it !!!)

In August 2006, Umesh relocated to B'lore and then is when it all began. Umesh gave me a call within a week of being here. He was busy with house hunting and I tried giving him as much advice as I could on the same. He was very happy with the deal he got and that was that. We met up one fine evening and I made him WALK. Now I realise what an achievement that was!!! I made him walk up to this chaat center only to realise that the man aint too fond of chaats. We landed up having a decent time and as usual he and 2 other classmates of mine (whom I had taken as bodyguards) took my trip!

Ever since we met again and again and again ..... till I realiesd that we meet up EVERY weekend. Its the "Weekends with Umesh" phenomenon now. We meet up every weekend at the famous Forum Mall outside KFC and then go gallavanting from there. We go for dinner , movies (have watched My super ex girlfriend and Don together) , shopping , coffee, ATM's , clubbing , etc, etc, etc. My roomy Chinki also joins us. When we get lucky Seema Vidya also come along, actually thats when Umesh gets lucky as he gets to be with 4 girls !!! When we get real lucky the awesome Shweta is with us and when we get blooooooody lucky Nikki comes from Pune to meet us.

Our conversations range from silly everyday affairs to pulling each other's leg to talking about ourselves to heavy duty Page Rank , Blogging , Open source fundas. Whatever it is I always land up feeling 'that was a brilliant conversation!'

Umesh as I know him is:

1. Brilliant at what he does.
2. HILARIOUS
3. A good cook (but Ive never had the opportunity to eat any of it)
4. Calm and collected
5. Caring
6. Sensitive
7. A wonderful photographer.
8. Disciplined
9. An awesome human being
10. Cant wait to get married !!!

He's managed to impress each and everyone of my friend's that he's met.

Im so glad you came to B'lore. I wanna Thank you for being so sweet and patient with me and answering all my million questions again and again. I wanna Thank You for all the "lessons" that you've given me. I wanna Thank You for inspiring me to create my own blogspot !

P.S. I wanted this dedication to be absolutely perfect and so I used a proverb for its title (totally Umesh ishtyle). Now im guessing its all fair and square!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no words. Though I think you have overdone it a bit. I'm not this great as you have explained. and please for god's sake remove that big pic of mine. i got a heart attack when i saw that.

Well just to tell u, this is the second blog which is dedicated to me. Please checkout my friend Vivek Machan's one and only post on his blog

Thanks

blj said...

Lavi: Welcome to blogosphere. Well done with the first post -- keep it coming.

Umesh: and how much did you bribe for this?

LAVINA said...

Umesh: I finally reduced the size of ur pic. Overdone it ???? Im guessing i have but then what the hell I AM good at marketing ;)...aint I ???

Balaji: Thank you for the encouragement ... and abt the bribe I'll tell u later !!!

Nicky said...

Congratulations on your first post...well done!!! :)