Saturday, November 18, 2006

From niCkY to niKkI

It was the 25th of December 2003. Deep and me met up with some frinds at our then favourite hang out - the parking lot on East Street. It was yet another Christmas away from family so we decided to have dinner with friends at the famous Koregaon Park of Pune. I was expecting the usual gang Abhinand, Fouad, Swapna, Vishal , Prema , Payel, Deep and me ... but there was another person whom I hadnt met before .... some guy called Nicky.

We headed to Burger King where I was being my normal self and talking to everyone , yelling at Deep occasionally , etc. It was just another evening together and we enjoyed ourselves to the fullest. Through the evning I remember feeling that this guy Nicky doesn't talk too much and honestly i didnt give it much thought. I think we must have exchanged a pleasentry or two but then that was it. Anyway we all headed home (I was dying to get there as I had decorated a Christmas Tree and wanted to be there for the last 1 hr of Christmas!!) I never thought I'd meet Nicky again.

28th December was Abhinand's birthday and we all were at his place for dinner. When I reached there I was pleasently suprised to see Nicky there. This time we spoke much more. I actually started to think that he is a nice guy. I remember sitting next to him near the computer while he kept playing one song after the other while the others drank away. We were the only two "non-alcoholics" there. While we sat there I happened to mention to him that I was wanting to buy the audio CD of KHNH (my then fav flick). He told me that he had the music and would burn a CD for me. I left it to that , after a while we headded home. He came upto the house as he had to drop Prema.

31st December we met yet again when we all went partying to Manas Resorts which i must say was a REAL diaster ...especially for Nicky as he had brought his elder brother and his fiance and yes Umesh. We tried to make the most of it anyway.

A day or two later while I was enjoying the weather on my terrace with the usual Abhinand gang I got a call from Nicky. I was quite suprised he had called , pleasently I must add, and couldn't figure out why. I didnt bother cause I was enjoying the conversation anyway. A little while later he said "achha why I called you was that I have burnt the songs of KHNK on a CD and there's place for a few more songs so what should I put in ???" I was SOLD by this gesture and immediately took a major liking to the guy. It was really sweet of him to do this I thought. The next day he came to my house and gave me the CD and I was obviously thrilled.

After this we spoke every single day. I began enjoying our conversations. Nicky as I knew him was this extrememly witty person who'd make me laugh at the silliest of things!!! One particular day while talking to him I happened to mention that I was going to enroll into IMS and he said he was going to do the same. So we decided to meet up and joing the same batch. I was ecstatic. I met him outside Sagar Arcade and he told me that there were closed for the test that day. We sat in CCD after that and had a brilliant time.

We finally started attending our classed from the 8th of Jan and that was that he had become NIKKI !!!! That's the way I spell his name. We would have a blast at each and every class. We would just be laughing and joking though out the hours that we would be there. He would come evreyday to pick me up and drop me on his amazing RX 135 and I began loving our rides , conversations and yes of course our calsses together. Before I even realised Nikki had become one of the most impotant people in my life and as things stand today HE IS MY BEST FRIEND !

Nikki and me have shared so much together. He's seen me through thick and thin. He's been my true friend philisopher and guide. We've known each other for a few yrs now but I feel like he's been with me forever. He's always always been there for me. He's litrally held my hand through some of the toughest times of my life.

Nikki made me become a better person in more ways than one. He showed me that life wasn't a bed of roses but then it wasnsn't a bed of thorns either. He showed me the positive in every situation. Its this uncanny knack he has that makes him show me the positive a brighter side of every problem I have.

We shared some of the most memorable moments together. We shared a million laughs and a million tears (ALL mine). I'm sure there will be a million more to come. We've fought like cats and dogs a zillion times. We've said some of the worst things to each other but it doesnt change or alter the strong bond we share as Nikki puts it "I know things will go back to normal"

Ceratin moments I'll remember forever.
  • The nyt he told me that he 'hated' me the first time he met me!
  • He actually packed Deep's suitcase once.
  • The time we touched 100 kmph on Senapati Bapat Road.
  • The way he laughed at me when I fell at Symbi.
  • The time we went and got him a new cell number.
  • The first GD we sat for together.
  • The sms he sent me when he got thru SCIT.
  • The look on his face when he saw Aditi Technologies the first time.
  • The "Boss Lady" T-shirt he sent me.
  • The Barone chocolates he wrapped in the shape of a sweet and sent me.
  • The CD's he's burnt for me on special occasions.
  • The birthday suprises he's been a part of.
  • The nyts we went clubbing.
  • The million hugs that he's given me when I cried. Oh and yes the yelling also!
  • The first time I saw him in formals.
  • The time we watched The Others together in his house.
  • The testimonial he wrote me.
  • The all nyt long conversation he , me and Prema had on my terrace.
  • The tyn we all bumped into him at Chandini Chowk.
  • THE SUPRISE HE GAVE ME !!! (he came to B'lore for a week !)
  • Each and every moment we spent when he was here.
  • ............................................................................................................................the list just goes on and on ........
I haven't met a more adorable , practical , optimistic, lovable, witty , intelligent ....... PERFECT human being in my life and I'm proud to say that he is MY GOLDEN BEST FRIEND! He is MY NIKKI ! ... love u loads and loads ..... and Loads ....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Nikki in tears after reading this one :)

Wonderful ode to a friend!

Unknown said...

Seema is right. This one is wonderful.

Shikha i think you should learn something from this. :) that u can write a blog about ur new friend :)

Nicky said...

I had this HUGE smile when i read this one....

and if i were you, i'd have tears rolling down my cheeks sitting in my chair right now... ;)

hehehe....no but....seriously....i love you too ya :) you're really special to me!! :)

Anonymous said...

Lavi N Nikki ------ "INSEPARABLE"
That hw i will put it in one word.

umesh u waste u write a blog for shikha,dnt accept anything in return.....u shld alz be ready to give.....idiot dodo.....hope shikha agrees with me???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.