Sunday, December 10, 2006

Full Circle

I've come a full circle on the vicious cycle yet again. This time round the sequence of events was just the same and yet again a victorious outcome.

Placements was the one and only thing on my mind for a long long time now. I was really really scared. Somehow didn’t feel competent enough, feelings of not being upto the mark were killing me. Anxiety was at it's peak. Yet again the expectations people had from me was something I was worried about. Wanted to make all the sacrifices and hard work worth it. Have struggled for 2 yrs, mom worked doubly hard to make ends meet to fund this expensive course and never ever made me feel like I was a burden. I knew how tough it was for her.

My only ambition being to make my parents really proud of me. I have so many things I want to do for them for my little sister and yes for myself also!

All my anxiety, feelings of incompetence, fear that I wouldn’t meet expectations, etc were put to rest on 28th Nov 2006 at exactly 5.15 p.m.!


I have been hired by Infosys Technologies as their Internal Communications Officer!!!


The highlight of the event: The look on 4 faces: Shweta, Rajiv, Chinki and Subru when I came out the room after they had told me that I had made it.


I would not have achieved this without the help of lots of people. I being the pessimist that I am needed lots and lots of emotional support and as always was very lucky to get that support from all my friends and family.


I want to say big big thank you to all those who helped me go through this tough phase.


Mamma: For showing me the way ALWAYS. For being my guiding light. You may not have even realized this but what I am today and whatever I have achieved is only only because of you.

Papa: For always believing in me and telling me that I will get only the best.

Monu: For being the best little sister in the world and for telling me that I am “GOOD”

Deep: For being so so supportive and helping me keep my feet on the ground. For holding my hand through it all … Love u!

Nikki: for listening to me blabber soooooooo much and telling me what the approach should be like. For making me believe that “Good things happen to good people”

Shanu: For being my support system and an elder brother to me. For taking me all around town when I was in Mumbai. U’ve been just wonderful! Would have never ever managed this without u shanuDA !!!!!!!

Shweta: For being there through all my tough processes and for believing that I WILL make it! For being my single support system here in Bangalore… For slapping reality on my face and telling me that I could do better than a BPO!

Rajiv: For being my lucky mascot.

Chinki : For being the “strict” roommate and selflessly forwarding material to me to read fro my interviews.

Raj: For the ULTIMATE confidence in me and the brilliant predictions about my career.

Prema: For always telling me “tension leneka nahi sirf deneka”

Umesh: For “waiting for the good news”

Seema and Vidya: For forcing me to study !

ALL my classmates and juniors: You guys always encouraged me to do my best. The faith that you had in me was just overwhelming.

The list just goes on ….

I’m happy to be on this point of the circle … just waiting for my friends to get there so we can celebrate!

9 comments:

Seema said...

Hey lavina, U deserved it man.... so be happy!!!!!!! And yes am waiting for the party......

Nicky said...

sniff...sniff...Youre welcome kanna...CONGRATs again sweety.... :)

Anonymous said...

well done.

*clap clap clap*

LAVINA said...

Seema: u only waiting for "A" party... ??? thought ud want more...

Nikki(Satan): thanks again handsome :)

Balaji: thank you !

Kartik Kashyap said...

Hey lavina... The list is missing the name of one person.Ms Lavina Panjwani... It's a result of all the hardwork you had put in... u deserved it... Congrats. And enjoy this taste of success!!! Party hard maan...

Anonymous said...

WELL MS.INFY......

"I WANT MY 5 DARU KA BOTTLE"

PLEASE NOTE : SIZE SHOULDN'T BE SMALL,WANT A NICE BIG BOTTLE THAT ALSO 5 ALRITE.

SHANDY ......FINALLY U GRADUATE FROM SAD SHANDY HAHAHA:) LOVE U BABES DAM HAPPY FOR U:)

Unknown said...

congrats. i'm still waiting for all the future good news from u. cheers.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Have fun, and hope more of your dreams are fulfilled in the times to come...

Souparna said...

congratulations.. for this one.. and for all the awaiting successful horizons in ife.. all the best.. :)